The scheme component is for supporting the travel expenditure of artists to go abroad for seminars, research, workshops, festivals and exhibitions, etc. organized on different aspects of Indian Culture for performance/participation in countries abroad to showcase its rich and diverse culture that would help in further promotion of Indian culture abroad.
Financial Assistance for travel is proposed for supporting artistes to go abroad for cultural activities, seminars, research, workshops, festivals, exhibitions, etc. organized on different aspects of Indian Culture for performance/participation in countries abroad. The scheme is however, not meant for such organisations or institutions that are functioning as religious institutions.
- Individuals and groups including ‘not-for-profit’ organizations like Societies, Trusts, NGOs and Universities.
- Individuals pursuing the activities in the field of culture for at least five years before date of application. They should have the UID number/Aadhar Card.
- Societies, Trusts, NGOs and Universities should be registered and have a properly constituted governing body and clearly laid down functional responsibilities/Memorandum of Association.
- Maximum 5 artists shall be covered in a group.
- Individuals/NGOs/institutions/trusts seeking grant will be eligible to obtain one grant in a financial year. In case, grant is received from any other Govt. Organisation/private institution during the current financial year, for the same activity, the request will not be considered.
Quantum of assistance.
- Reimbursement shall be made only on economy class air ticket subject to a ceiling of Rs. 75,000/- or actual air fare whichever is less subject to all other criteria being fulfilled.
- Only air fare shall be paid and no other expenditure like visa fees and registration fees shall be paid under this grant. Certificate from applicant of receipt/non receipt of financial assistance for the same purpose from any other government organization or private institutions is required. If receiving grant then the applicant shall furnish: (a) details thereof and (b) amount sanctioned, if any.
- Approval/Sanction letter for financial assistance will be issued before the onward journey. The actual payment will be made on re-imbursement basis after completion of journey and his/her return to India after participation in the event and on production of ticket, vouchers and boarding passes in original. Documents to be submitted after the trip shall be forwarded with the approval letter.
- Application will be decided on a case to case basis and on first-come-first serve as per budget availability.
- Application should be received three months in advance of the travel/event.
- The individual/Organisation desirous to apply for financial assistance under the Scheme will send the application in the prescribed format of the Ministry at Annexure-I and II as applicable.
- An advertisement will be placed annually both on the website of the Ministry of Culture as well as in the print media, applications may be made at any time during the financial year.
- The applications complete in all respects will be considered on a fixed date every quarter by a Committee which will be constituted under the Chairmanship of the Joint Secretary concerned to decide the applications/proposals received.
Ministry shall process only complete applications & inform the selected applicant of the final outcome before date of scheduled event, and thereafter the grant would be released on fulfilling the required formalities.
Documents to be attached with application.
- In case of Individuals their curriculum vitae and a character certificate duly attested by Gazetted Officer.
- In case of applications by Institution/Organization/NGO the Constitution of the Organization and registration details, Organization prospects, Memorandum of Associations, Rules and Regulations of the Organization, Constitution of the Board/Management with particulars of each member. If applicant is a registered NGO, a copy of registration certificate with Govt. of India.
(Please note that in case any of these documents are in a vernacular language, the English or Hindi Version attested by a Gazetted Officer be attached with each document.)
- Report of activities in the field of culture undertaken in the past three years.
- Aadhar/UID No of individual to be sponsored shall have to be submitted.
- Statement of income and expenditure of the applicant or the organization and a copy of the balance-sheet for the previous three years certified by a Chartered Accountant or a Government Auditor. In case of applications from NGOs/Trusts, three years audit and annual reports along with three years activities in the field of culture should be submitted.
- Details of bank account to enable electronic transfer of sanctioned funds.
- Letter of invitation from host Organization to be routed through the Indian Missions abroad or letter of recommendation from the Indian Missions for participation in the event.
In case applicant is an Organisation in the Ministry of Culture or the event is being organised by the Ministry of Culture the letter of invitation would not be required, however, this should be specifically mentioned in the application form.
- A brief description of the event for which the assistance is requested along with the duration, venue, probable or exact dates of travel. Approximate cost of the ticket may be mentioned if available. Applicants seeking assistance for seminar or conference should submit the paper they propose to present or a synopsis thereof.
The entire expenditure as sanctioned shall be reimbursed in one installment on completion of journey and production of ticket, vouchers and boarding pass in original.
Mode of payment.
All payments will be made only through electronic transfers.
Time for processing the case.
Applicants are advised to apply at least three months in advance from the date of travel.
The scheme component is for Financial Assistance to Foreign Artists and Cultural Professionals desiring to study and/or learn Indian Culture in any form like dance, music, drama, traditional painting, any other art forms, etc.
It will support foreign artists to learn under independent gurus or schools/ institutions of repute, Indian dance, drama, music, etc. For this purpose the foreign artists will be entitled to a lump sum grant-in-aid amount for expenditure towards course fee, and/or stipend as decided from time to time to cover local expenses and return air-fare on successful completion of the training. The Guru/school/ institution will also be paid an amount as decided from time to time. The duration of the study will be flexible and different modules will be available – both short term and long term. This would help in disseminating Indian Culture to far away places and have a global spread of India’s rich culture.
Financial assistance is proposed to support the foreign artists to take up study in India in the field of music, dance, drama, etc. of their choice from individual gurus or recognized institutions teaching the same. The individuals/the foreign artists/ students should be interested in learning the art form of their choice and should have identified the guru/institution in India who would be ready to teach him/her. These artists will be supported for maximum of two years and they could then act like vehicles of transmitting our culture to different territories of the world.
- Only individuals /citizens of foreign countries interested in learning any form of Indian art would be eligible to apply for the financial assistance under the scheme.
- The applicant should have identified the Guru/Institution from where he/she wishes to learn and should have an acceptance from the said Guru/Institution to teach him/her. The individuals should have a letter of offer/recommendation/ approval inviting the applicant to the course from the Guru/Institution/Host Organization.
- The applicant should have the facilities/resources to incur expenditure over and above the amount of financial assistance.
Quantum of Assistance.
- The grant would cover expenditure towards the travel cost on actual basis subject to maximum amount of Rs 75,000/- (international airfare from the applicants country to India), course fee and/or stipend to cover local expenses for a maximum of two years.
- The financial assistance shall be a lump sum amount (for meeting the expenditure of the course fee and/or stipend) as ascertained from the concerned Guru/Institution, up to a maximum ceiling of Rs 20,000/- per month to be decided and approved by the Committee.
In case, where the artist/individual is staying with the Guru/Institution, payment of accommodation charges / stipend will be given as per the recommendations of the Guru/institution, subject to the maximum ceiling prescribed above in four installments of six months each for a maximum of 2 years.
In case, the artist/individual is not living with the Guru/Institution, the payment will be made on the basis of rates prevalent in the area concerned subject to a maximum of Rs. 6000/- for Metropolitan cities and Rs. 4000/- for others, as approved by the Committee.
- On successful completion of the course/ training and issue of a certificate to this effect by the guru/institute, the applicant would also be entitled for return airfare (economy class as per actuals subject to a maximum of Rs 75000/-, it includes both side air fare.).
- The individual shall have to bear any expenditure over and above, the amount sanctioned by the Committee and shall submit a bond to this effect before the grant is released.
Method of Payment
- The payment will be made in maximum of four installments. The first installment (for six months) will be released to the Guru/applicant on receipt of acceptance by the applicant and his/her joining the institution. The subsequent installments will be given after completion of six months on the basis of performance report given by Guru/institution and inspection report, by independent institution, if required.
- Payments would be made to Guru/Institution and/or individual as approved by Committee, in six monthly installments for a maximum of two years.
- The air travel cost will be reimbursed as per actuals subject to maximum amount of Rs 75,000/- on submission of ticket, voucher and boarding pass (in original) to the artist/individual.
- Return fare will be paid on receipt of successful completion certificate of the course from the concerned Guru/institution on submission of ticket, voucher.
- All payment will be made only through electronic transfer.
- Application will be decided on a case to case and on first-come-first serve basis as per budget availability.
- Applications from individuals receiving grant for the same course from any other Govt. Organisation/ (private institution) during the current financial year will not be considered.
- Application should be received six months prior to the starting of the course for processing by the Ministry of Culture. Three months time will be required to process the case.
- The individual desirous to apply for financial assistance under the Scheme will send the application in the prescribed format of the Ministry at Annexure-III.
- An advertisement will be placed annually both on the Website of the Ministry of Culture as well as in the print media, applications may be made at any time during the financial year.
- The applications complete in all respects will be considered on a fixed date every quarter by a Committee which will be constituted under the Chairmanship of the Joint Secretary concerned to finalise the applications/proposals received and the amount of financial assistance
[Before considering the application further, the MoC shall obtain the verification of applicant from Guru/Institution.]
- Ministry shall process only complete applications & inform the selected applicant of the final outcome after which the grant would be released on fulfilling the required formalities.
- Report of activities in the field of culture undertaken by the applicant in the past three years.
- The applicant shall be informed the final outcome (acceptance) of his application. The applicant shall have to submit an indemnity bond in the prescribed format after which the grant shall be released as decided by the financial and general provisions.
Documents to be attached with the application.
- Letter of offer/recommendation /approval inviting the applicant to the course from the Guru/training institute/ host organization.
- Brief details on the course and training applied for, indicating the name of the Guru/Institution, full contact details, duration of the course, approximate expenditure involved ( course fee, travel component etc.) along with reasons for opting for the said training and benefits perceived.
- Certificate from the Indian Diplomatic Mission certifying the individual’s credentials and interest in seeking the training and whether he/she deserves/is eligible for the financial assistance.
- Details of application made by the individual for getting financial assistance for the same purpose from any other government organization or private institutions. If so, (a) details thereof and (b) amount sanctioned, if any.
- Details of bank account to enable electronic transfer of sanctioned funds.
- A brief profile of the individual indicating the cultural pursuits/trainings undergone by the individual along with Report of activities in the field of culture undertaken in the past three years.
- Statement of income and expenditure of the applicant.
- Indemnity Bond.
Popularisation of Indian culture by promoting quality books is the major objective of this Scheme component. Another purpose is to create a climate in which a vast number of people would buy and read books.
Financial Assistance is proposed for organizing Regional/ National Book Fairs, Exhibitions of rare publications/ manuscripts/ official documents etc., Seminars, Conferences and other related events for promotion of books and reading habits. Participation in International Book Fairs is also covered in this Scheme. Not-for-Profit organizations, including Societies, Trusts, Universities, Publishers and Book Trade Associations are eligible to apply for grant. Eminent Authors and Publishers who have been invited to attend international events like Literary Festivals/ Book Fairs are also eligible to apply for grant under this Scheme. The Scheme is, however, not meant for such organizations or institutions that are functioning as religious institutions, or as schools/ colleges.
The organizations seeking grant should have been functioning and registered under the Societies Registration Act (XXI of 1860 - an Act for the Registration of Literary, Scientific, and Charitable Societies), Trusts Act, Companies Act or any Central or State Act for at least three years.
Financial assistance for participation in International events would normally cover economy class air fare, boarding and lodging (i.e. per diem) charges according to the existing government rates. Packing and shipping of books and other exhibits and insurance charges (wherever applicable) are also to be covered.
- The applicant organization should, in order to qualify for the grant, have a properly constituted Managing Body or Governing Council with its powers, duties and responsibilities clearly defined and laid down in the form of a written constitution.
- It must have tied up or planned the matching resources at least to the extent of 25 % of the project cost.
- It should have facilities, resources, personnel and experience to take up the event/ project for which a grant is required.
- Past experience of holding or participating in such events, as applied for, would be given preference.
- Eminent authors and publishers who have been invited to participate in Book Fairs, Literary Festivals and other International events to present papers etc. may also apply for grant under the Scheme.
Types of Activities to be assisted and extent of Assistance
- Book Fairs/ exhibitions which promote reading are normally held all over the country during the winter season. Major annual book fairs are organized in cities like Delhi, Kolkata, Patna, Chennai and some other state capitals primarily under the aegis of local publishers’ associations.
- Financial assistance may be given for the organisation of book fairs, book exhibitions and related events including exhibition of rare books, manuscripts, rare government documents, etc., in India and abroad.
- Participation in major International Book Fairs held in cities like Frankfurt, London, Beijing and Moscow by the Publishers/ Authors including representatives of Publishers’ Associations.
- Book Reading/ Discussion Sessions, Literary Festivals, Quiz Programmes, as well as Seminars and Conferences on book publishing, children’s literature, trend in publishing in regional languages etc., in India and abroad.
Quantum of Assistance
Grant for specific projects as mentioned in Para 3.2 sub-para (V) above shall be restricted to 75% of the expenditure, subject to a maximum of Rs.10.00 lakh per event. The quantum of assistance will depend on the recommendation of the Expert Committee.
An organisation desirous to apply for financial assistance under this Scheme will send the application in the prescribed Pro forma (Annexure IV and V as applicable).
An advertisement will be placed annually, both on the website of the Ministry of Culture as well as in the print media, applications should be made (as per prescribed procedure contained in the advertisement) at any time during the financial year. The application should either be recommended by any of the National Akademies or any other culture-related organization under the Government of India or by concerned State Government/ UT Administration/State Akademies/ Indian Missions abroad.
Documents to be attached with the Application
- Constitution of the Organization
- Constitution of the Board of Management or Governing Body and particulars of each member
- Copy of the latest available Annual Report
- A detailed project report including:
- Brief description of the project for which assistance is requested along with its duration, venue, probable or exact dates and other details with past experience of the organisation in the field;
- Financial statement of the project giving item wise details of recurring and non-recurring expenditure separately, and
- Source(s) from which counterpart funds will be obtained.
- A statement of income and expenditure of the applicant or the organization and a copy of the balance sheet for the previous three years certified by a Chartered Accountant or a Government Auditor.
- An Indemnity Bond in the prescribed Pro forma on a stamp paper of appropriate denomination.
- Details of the bank account to enable electronic transfer of sanctioned funds.
- Separate accounts are to be maintained in regard to the grants released by the Central Government.
- The Accounts of the grantee organization shall be open to audit at any time by the Comptroller and Auditor General of India or his nominee at his discretion.
- The grantee organization shall submit to the Government of India, a Statement of Accounts audited by a Chartered Accountant, stating out the expenditure incurred on the approved project and indicating the utilization of the Government grant in the preceding years. If the utilization certificate is not submitted within the prescribed period, the grantee shall arrange to refund immediately the whole amount of the grant received together with interest thereon at the prevailing borrowing rate of the Government of India unless specially exempted by the Government.
- The grantee organization will be open to a review by the Government of India, Ministry of Culture by appointing a Committee or in any other manner decided by the Government as and when deemed necessary by the Government.
- The grantee organization shall not invite any foreign delegation or person under this Scheme without obtaining permission from the Ministry of External Affairs, application for which shall invariably be routed through Ministry of Culture.
- It will be subjected to such other conditions as may be imposed by the Government from time to time.
The Grant will be released in two installments of 75% (first installment) and 25% (second installment) of the total sanctioned amount.
Mode of Payment
All payments will be made only through electronic transfers.
Output of the Scheme
A Report containing details of the event/ programme organized/ participated in by the Grantee Organization/ individual with the financial assistance from the Ministry of Culture is to be submitted in duplicate within a period of one month.
Time consumed in processing the cases
Two months time will be required to process the cases. Applicants are advised to apply at least three months in advance prior to the commencement of the event.
NOTE: Canvassing will disqualify the applicant for the grants.