The Scheme covers all ‘not-for-profit’ organizations, NGOs, Societies, Trusts and Universities for supporting the Seminars, Conference, Research, Workshops, Festivals, Exhibitions, Symposia, Production of ance, Drama-Theatre, Music etc. and small research projects on different aspects of Indian Culture. The Organization should have been functioning and registered under the Societies Registration Act (XXI of 1860), Trusts Act, Companies Act or any Central or State Act for at least three years.
The scheme will, however, not be applicable to such organizations or institutions which are functioning as religious institutions, or as schools/colleges. The Scheme is not meant for College/University Festivals.
Grant will be provided for all types of interactive fora such as conferences, seminars, workshops, symposia, festivals and exhibitions, production on any subject important to the preservation or promotion of cultural heritage, arts, letters and other creative endeavours.
- The applicant organizations that are voluntary organizations or NGOs, should, in order to qualify for the grant, have a properly constituted managing body with its powers, duties and responsibilities clearly defined and laid down in the form of a written constitution.
- The applicant organizations that are voluntary organizations or NGOs must register themselves on the NGO Darpan Portal of NITI Aayog and obtain a Unique ID from the Portal. The organizations are required to intimate the Unique ID as obtained from NGO Darpan Portal and PAN Number of the organization while applying under the Scheme.
- The Organization must have tied up or planned the matching resources at least to the extent of 25 % of the project cost.
- The Organization should have facilities, resources, personnel and experience to take up the event/ project for which a grant is required.
- Past experience of holding such functions, as applied for, would be given preference.
Financial assistance may be given for the following purposes:
- Holding of Conference, Seminars, Workshops, Symposia, Festivals, Exhibitions, Production of Dance, Drama-Theatre, Music etc. and undertaking small research projects, etc. on any art forms/important cultural matters.
- To meet expenditure on activities of development nature like conduct of surveys, pilot projects, etc. on cultural subjects including publications thereof.
Grant for specific projects under Para 4 above shall be restricted to 75% of the expenditure, subject to a maximum of Rs.5.00 lakhs per project as recommended by the Expert Committee.
The Ministry may in exceptional circumstances, increase the assistance to any project of outstanding merit and relevance upto Rs. 20 Lakhs with the approval of Hon’ble Minister of Culture.
Separate accounts shall be maintained in regard to the grants released by the Central Government
- The Accounts of the grantee organization shall be open to audit at any time by the Comptroller and Auditor General of India or his nominee at his discretion.
- The grantee organization shall submit to the Government of India, a Statement of Accounts audited by a Chartered Accountant, stating out the expenditure incurred on the approved project and indicating the utilization of the Government grant in the preceding years. If the utilization certificate is not submitted within the prescribed period, the grantee shall arrange to refund immediately the whole amount of the grant received together with interest thereon at the prevailing borrowing rate of the Government of India unless specially exempted by the Government.
- The grantee organization will be open to a review by the Government of India, Ministry of Culture by appointing a committee or in any other manner decided by the Government as and when deemed necessary by the Government.
- The grantee organization shall not invite foreign delegation without obtaining permission from the Ministry of External Affairs, application for which shall invariably be routed through Ministry of Culture.
- It will be subjected to such other conditions and rules as may be prescribed by the Government of India guidelines from time to time.
The Scheme is open throughout the year. The application in the prescribed proforma for grant under the Scheme may be sent to the Director, North Central Zone Cultural Centre (NCZCC), 14, CSP Singh Marg, Allahabad-211001. Telephone No.: 0532-2421855, 0532-2423698.
The application should either be recommended by any of the National Akademies, any other culture-related organization under the Government of India or by concerned State Government /UT Administration, State Akademies.
- Constitution of the Organization
- Constitution of the Board of Management or Governing Body and particulars of each member.
- Copy of the latest available Annual Report.
- A detailed project report including:
- (i)Description of the project for which assistance is requested along with its duration and the qualifications and experience of the staff to be employed for the project;
- (ii)Financial statement of the project giving item wise details of recurring and non recurring expenditure separately, and
- (iii) the source(s) from which funds will be managed.
- A statement of income and expenditure of the applicant organization for the previous three years and a copy of the balance sheet for the previous year certified by a Chartered Accountant or a Government Auditor
- An Indemnity Bond in the prescribed Performa on a stamp paper of appropriate denomination;
- Details of the bank account in the prescribed proforma to enable electronic transfer of sanctioned funds.
- The grant under the Scheme of CFPG will be considered and recommended by the Expert Committee constituted for the purpose.
- The scrutiny of applications by the Expert Committee will be done in its meetings held from time to time throughout the year subject to the availability of funds and applications for the grant.
- The same Expert may not be allowed to recommend the proposal of the organization of which he is the Office-bearer or in any other way related to the organization.
- All the Expert Committee Members are required to give an undertaking that he/she is neither an office-bearer nor in any other way related to any of the organization being considered for grant in that CFPG meeting.
- If an Expert is found to have recommended the proposal of his/her organization, the Expert and his/her organization may be debarred from selection in that particular meeting.
The Grant will be released in two installments of 75% (First Installment) and 25% (Second Installment).
All payments will be made only through electronic transfers.
The grantee organizations are required to upload videos of their Production/Function/ Seminar etc. on You tube and provide a link to You tube/Facebook/Twitter page of Ministry of Culture.
Section Officer (S&F), Phone No. 011-24642157.
Enquiry time is between 3.00 P.M. to 4.00 P.M from Monday to Friday.